Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Readings for 12/15

The Future of Libraries:
“However, others who read for pleasure as example, still regularly patronize their local library.” Glad someone else is noticing that.
It is interesting to see the evolution of communication systems. From the telegraph to podcasting.
While reading this article I thought it was important to remember that there will always be a generation gap. I still do not understand computers as well as most eight year olds do now. Especially since the technology is rapidly advancing, many people will be left behind and there is really no way to make it equal.
Also I would love to see how the next search technology involves taste and smell, since most people have different ideas or feelings towards these two senses.
Explaining Cloud Computing: I had no idea what cloud computing was and this video actually helped give an idea to what it is. I ended up looking through the other videos this user offered to see if there was more I could learn.
What Cloud Computing Really Means: It adds a convenience not only to the users, but the workers of a particular site as well.

1 comment:

  1. "Also I would love to see how the next search technology involves taste and smell, since most people have different ideas or feelings towards these two senses."

    I thought that was such an interesting point, especially since there can be such strong memories or feelings associated with a simple smell. I know I've had the experience of smelling something that totally transported me back into a memory, that was well beyond anything words could explain- just from a smell. I think it will be really interesting to see how this will come into play as we move out of what the article described as simple text based searching into a more complex form of searching integrating many different areas.

    ReplyDelete